Metallic Group companies are focused on value creation in the mining space through exploration for large-scale targets in silver and gold, platinum group metals, and copper, respectively, for Metallic Minerals (TSX-V: MMG), Stillwater Critical Minerals (TSX-V: PGE) and Granite Creek Copper (TSX-V: GCX).
The Metallic Group team includes highly successful explorationists formerly with leading explorer/developers including NovaGold, Trilogy Metals, Wellgreen Platinum and Ivanhoe Mines, as well as larger producers including Placer Dome (now Barrick), Goldfields, and Stillwater Mining (now Sibanye).
Our objective is to apply elements from these successful explorer/developers to the current market in order to create long-term value for shareholders through acquisition, discovery and advancement of significant mineral resources.
Key elements of the Metallic Group strategy include:
1) Highly experienced leadership with a track record of major discoveries and significant share ownership in the companies;
2) Identify and acquire district-scale, brownfields properties adjacent to some of the industry’s highest-grade silver, platinum group metals, and copper mines, where we see the potential to host world-class deposits that have not been previously recognized;
3) Make acquisitions during the low part of the metal price cycle to aggregate high-potential holdings and create fundamental, counter-cycle strategic value for shareholders;
4) Focus on brownfields areas to facilitate the potential for major new discoveries, with infrastructure in place for rapid development timelines and reduced capital requirements compared to remote greenfields deposits;
5) Apply our systematic approach to exploration that utilizes new technologies and exploration models focused on large-scale discoveries; and
6) Introduce these new opportunities to investors that share our long-term vision for value creation.
Members of the current Metallic team were part of the original identification and acquisitions for NovaGold at the bottom of the last metal price cycle, including the 40 million oz Au (M&I)1 Donlin gold and 10 billion lb copper + 10 million oz gold (M&I)2 Galore assets. Starting with early stage resources those deposits were expanded over a period of 3 to 5 years to become world-class deposits. Along the way NovaGold went from $0.10/share at the low part of the cycle to over $20/share at its peak. That success reflected the deep value of the acquisitions, the systematic exploration growth and advancement of large-scale resources, and the support of long-term, value and growth focused shareholders.
The objective of the Metallic Group is to replicate that successful process with the three companies now in the group as the consolidation phase of the metal price cycle ends and we begin the growth phase of the next metal price cycle. Based on these highly prospective brownfields district land positions with past and recent major discoveries, we believe that each of the Metallic Group companies has the potential for very significant capital appreciation over the next two to three years as we execute on our business strategy.